Friday, March 03, 2006

No fun?

Editing Hours: 2:45/50


EMPTY SHELL

For a 60-day-no-fun marathon, I sure am having some fun! Last night I took the $5 I found in a pair of jeans I hardly wear and went down to the Henry the 8th to watch a buddy's band, Empty Shell, play at open mic. They were so good! And I'm not just saying that because Jay's my friend, I really mean it. Scott (AKA Jesus on account of his hair and beard) is going to send me the video and I'm going to figure out how to upload it so you all can hear them.

IS THAT THE BEST YOU CAN COME UP WITH?

Then, a few of the girls from work and I decided we weren't done with the evening so we went down to Melrose to mingle with the beautiful people of the city. Really, I should have been kicked out - my hair was curly and swept up in a loose pony tail and I hadn't gone home to put a fresh coat of cover up on my newly-broken out face.

See, Melrose used to be cool before the whole Red Mile thing. Now it's all these suits who go because it's the place to be. There's a line up to get in on the weekends - come on! Why line up to get into a pub?! Regardless, I braved the salesmen in identical striped dress shirts and the girls with fake breasts and enjoyed my company.

A salesman dude with spikey bangs in a striped dress shirt came in with three buddies, also with spikey bangs and in striped dress shirts. They knew one of the girls at our table. They said hello and then took the table behind us. All the while, the one guy was staring at my friend. She explained that, due to absolutely riotous circumstances that I can not discuss, she was kissed him once and - well, now he thinks - well, you know.

And so, after about 20 minutes, this guy actually gets up and pulls her ponytail! I'm not joking, and he wasn't gentle about it. I felt like I was in grade 2 and she was going to tell Mrs. Luck on him. Instead she turned around and told him to @!#$ off, but close enough. Come on men - pulling a girl's ponytail? Is that the best you can come up with?

MICHELLE MILES IS A GROUP SO GO SIGN UP!

Well, doesn't the title just say it all? hehe. With the upcoming release of Ransom and Fortune (mmmmmmm Dane. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - oh sorry. Drifted off there. What was I talking about?! Right.) With the upcoming release of Ransom and Fortune, her readers have a lot to keep up on, and now we can! Check her out at Michellemiles.net, her Blog, Ye Olde Inkwell, and now her Yahoo Group! Good job, girl! I can't wait to get my Dane fix again.

WEATHER PIXIE

Don't forget to post your weather pixie name suggestions! For more info, read the previous post entitled (uuuuhhhhhhh) "Name that weather pixie!" Free stuff! Free stuff!

1 Comments:

At 6:11 PM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

It's because he couldn't think of anything more appropriate to do/say then to pull her ponytail. Men are dumb, aren't they? ;)

Thanks for the nod, girl! It's much appreciated!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home