Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Excitement, excitement, excitement!

I've been a little down lately, which, honestly, is nothing new for me. I've been fighting it off for a few weeks now, but last night things took a very severe turn for around better corner. I can't get into much just yet, but what I can say is that Himself and I came to a decision that will completely change my life. *disclaimer - Mom, it's not about marriage or babies - sorry!* I can talk about it more mid-April, but I can say right now that things are looking up.

Besides, my new Armchair Cynics cd came yesterday! Okay, it's not really new - it's their old CD from 2003, but I was thrilled when I found it existed, and I'm glad to have a bit more of their music! If you haven't checked out their music, website, bought their CD or wrote them a letter telling them you love them, what the hell are you waiting for?!

I started a new Rent My Blog campaign, and I must say the last 24 hours have been absolute hell for me. Here was my issue: My new friend Newfie Girl bid on the real estate, as well as Henry the Adequate. Anyone who read my blog last week will know I absolutely love the Henry the Adequate blog. It's downright fun. In fact, if you look a short distance to your right, you'll notice I also linked to it! But Newfie Gir! Henry... Newfie Girl...

And so, I figured since I've already linked Henry, I would accept Newfie Girl as my new tennent! Sorry Henry, but I ask everyone to click on Henry's link, as well as Newfie Girl's. You won't regret it, trust me!

While over at Newfie Girl's blog, please comment and tell her you came from The Pen so she knows you dropped by. While you're there, go check out her dog, Princess Taco Fajita Burrito Nacho Jackson GK's blog as well! It's a hoot. You can even donate to buy Taco a new tiara! hehe.
In more exciting news (it's overwhelming, isn't it?!) Today is the first day of NaNoEdMo. 50 hours of editing in a mere 31 days. Whew! All this while blog- moving! Crazy. But I am determined. I've set out a game plan - sorta. Well, I've figured out how I'm going to spend my first editing hour, since the thought of doing 50 hours of line-by-lines makes me want to open a vein. So, I've decided to follow a strategy!

Step 1: Run a check for the word “began”. Anytime it’s used before an action ie: running, walking, reading, showering etc. Cut it and reshape the sentence.

Brilliance welcome - post below if you have any suggestions about what step 2 should be!

One more exciting thing: If you take a look at my little weather pixie to the right, you'll notice there is sun peaking through those clouds! It looks brilliant outside (I haven't been brave enough to step outside with this fresh-off-the-pillow hairdo).

Happy hump day all, hope no one wigs out - Friday's just around the corner!

4 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Blogger SuzySnoo said...

No brilliance to offer, sorry!! Good luck with that whole thing though!

Great that things are looking up! It sounds exciting!

Will now visit Henry and Newfie Girl.

 
At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excitement, eh? Well you have once again left us to ponder what this is all about...your incredible writing ability has hit me, left me hanging on to wonder what the answer is or will be?
It is like coming home to that wonderful smell of freshly baked cookies, only to be told that you can't have them yet or worse still, that they are all meant for someone else!!!I can hardly wait!!!

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger ~Daydreamer~ said...

Hey, Leigh, how about a link to my blog too? You do like it, right? RIGHT? Hehe :) Still waiting for the email.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Candice said...

How do I get a weather pixie on my blog? She's kinda cute! hehe

Morgana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home