Friday, February 24, 2006

Sayonara Mastercard!

Just a quick post this morning to say a very fond farewell to my Mastercard! Hurrah! I have been waiting for one of my freelance cheques to go through for a week, and each day I thought about paying off the entire thing I got a little more excited. Well, this morning it happened!

Don't get me wrong, Mastercard was fine (I just finished paying them off after 5 years, don't want to get sued and have to start all over...). My card was cancelled in 2003 while I was living in Scotland and they've been letting me pay a little tiny amount each month - I can see why too. The interest each month has been making my struggle to pay it off even harder.

Well, the greatest thing about this is that wiping out the Mastercard has bumped me up from 19% to 44.5%! 55.5% more to go, and I'm debt free!

In honour of this momentus event, I think I will allow myself a little bit of fun tonight. One or two drinks - nothing crazy. Tomorrow it will be back to my 60 day no-fun marathon. For now, I'm so happy I could cry.

I'm off to work... I hope everyone has a fantastic Friday and a great weekend!

5 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger Marti said...

So proud of you for paying off your card like that! Best wishes for continued success in slaying the debt dragon! LOL

 
At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Leigh....I am soooo happy for you. Enjoy your much earned 'evening'. You are on the way....
LUV YAH!!!

 
At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO GIRL!!!! WOOHOO!

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

WTG! Congrats on paying off that card. Can you send me some of your discipline? I've been spending waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much money lately. ;)

 
At 1:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!! It must feel awesome

 

Post a Comment

<< Home