Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Brrr.

Well, it's official. The cold is here. Not just any cold, but the kind of cold that makes your hair fall out. I'm talking the kind of cold that causes block heaters to malfunction. The kind of cold that makes your tire pressure reading drop, simply because even the air particles are retreating, screaming and covering their frost-bitten ears. The kind of cold that causes icicles to form on your nose hairs and frost to gather in your eyebrows.

Oh yea, finally global warming has taken the backseat, letting a true Calgary winter sneak through.

@!$%.

Right now it is -10, and so far my weather pixie is still standing tall in her long wool overcoat. It will be interesting to see what happens when, over the next 2 days, the weather drops to -31, -40 with the windchill. I'm betting she will let out a string of profanities before saying "@!#$ this!" and leaving the little square in which she seems to live. Let her inside! She's freezing! Or at least hand that poor girl a toque. I would lend her mine, but then I would die.

In the first part of our five part series entitled "What's cool on my new tennent Jeremy's blog" we will explore his cool blog and its many features.

I have learned his webcomic, Recycled, is what almost made me pee myself from laughter the other day. If you haven't checked it out yet, you totally should. Click on "Recycled" (bet you couldn't figure that one out!). At the bottom is a character poll on what he should have as his next character. I voted for the cute pink cow, although I was quite torn between the cow and the old sock of mystery! So, if you haven't been over yet, what in the heck are you waiting for? It's not like you can go outside! Our cable wiring will probably freeze and shatter shortly, so it's not like you'll be watching TV! Get over there, and tell him I sent you.

In other news, I've decided to find a new job. If you're reading this and I work with you, DON'T TELL! hehe. Anyhow, I haven't decided what I want to do yet, and so I am looking for some imput. What job should I take on? Here are your options, vote by posting a comment.

a) Bobble head doll - NHL series (Maybe Daniel Alfredson, pre-haircut...)
b) Synchronized Swimmer
c) Stephen Harper's parliamentary secretary for Francophone affairs
d) Director of sanitary aquarium relations

Let me know!

4 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger Leigh Clements, The Mystery Maiden, Shot In The Dark Mysteries.com said...

Hey there, catlady! Are you saying a psychic reader for a walrus WOULD suit my personality?! Dear God, what have I become? hehehe :)

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Marti said...

Oh gosh, it is 20 degrees above zero here and I am shivering - brrr!

Sending warm thoughts your way - LOL!

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How 'bout VP of Witty Comments hheheheheh

 
At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about being a lion tamer, its got to be easier than talking to customers....(ps i won't tell cause I'm looking too, kind of half heartedly, but still looking)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home