Sunday, January 29, 2006

Bumps and burns

Last night I was exhausted! Himself and I were supposed to go out to see a movie, and I totally bailed, wanting nothing but my ugly comfy pants, a pillow and my mother. Nothing like being a total baby when you're feeling run down. While I was making dinner I started the microwave, and then realized, after it started making all sorts of zapping noises, I forgot to put the food inside.

So we decided instead of going out we would order a pay per view movie. Feeling guilty about ruining our fun night out just because I was tired, I settled in on the couch to watch the 40 Year Old Virgin, hoping after all my lobbying to stay in I wouldn't fall asleep right there on the couch. Again.

About ten minutes into the movie my elbow got itchy. After scratching for about a moment, I asked Himself, "What's on my elbow?" His reply: "Oh my God, you've broken out in hives."

They were all up my arm and on my leg. Not long after, the 17 "mosquito bites" I received on the top of my left hand on our last night in Nicaragua puffed up and became super itchy again!

Thank goodness for the Infoweb. Himself calmly rushed to the computer and Googled "hives". Turns out there's nothing to worry about. Only, I can't help but worrying anyhow.

It just so happens I have a check up tomorrow, so I'm going to show my doctor the bumps and see if she freaks. If she does, that gives me permission to do the same. If not, well, I'll take some anti-histamine and not leave the house for fear of frightening dogs and making children run away screaming, "Ew, Mommy, what's wrong with that woman?!"

By the way, when did children start calling me "woman"? It's very disturbing that I'm getting that old. Friday night I fell asleep on the couch instead of going out to a lounge with my friends. Last night I blew off movies (granted, there's something seriously wrong with me -- maybe...) but I remember days when I could be missing an arm and still go out.

*sigh* I was always warned this day would come. I'd much rather spend my Saturday night writing, editing and mopping my floor than going out to some bimbo-filled club with 12 year old girls grinding against each other to catch the interest of ugly, annoying Shawn Desmond wannabees dry-humping barstools.

I mean, come on. Who would want to be like Shawn Desmond anyhow? He's totally lame, can't sing and has stupid hair. AND he's afraid of red-heads. A therapist would have a hayday with this closet necrophiliac. I mean, come on! Listen to one chorus of his songs and you just know he's so desperate for any kind of sex he would totally get it on with dead people. I'm not even linking to that loser because then you'll click on his website, thereby giving the impression his popularity has increased. If that happens, he'll never go away. This Canadian apologizes to the world for the horny little pre-pubescent boy wailing on your radios. That's most certainly NOT how we rock it in the T - dot. Trust me. AND anyone who actually knows how things are "rocked" in the T-dot would never be pathetic enough to call it the T-dot.

*whew* where did that come from? Aparently my usual self is consumed with battling the hives, giving my inner bitch centre stage.

Anyhow, back to normalcy. So, this morning (afternoon - I woke up, went to get a bagel, ate it, realized I was tired again and Himself and I went back to bed... he's still there...) I tried to make coffee as Javier's grandmother makes. I came pretty darn close (need more milk in my cafe con leche) so I'm keeping the method a secret, but let's just say I burned my hand pretty badly when I tried to pour the coffee from the pot into my cup.

Yeah, that hand with the hives.

It was everything I could do to keep my blue streak of curses to a whisper so himself wouldn't wake up.

Today I have big plans for finishing my Wizarding mystery game and doing some more polishing of Mending Resolute. Also, I may be in need of a reliable artist in the near future here, so if you happen to be an artist, please email me some samples... I profit share! I stress the word RELIABLE.


Here's me in front of a volcano. This is actually a lake behind me, which is home to a very unique kind of shark that can survive in both fresh and salt water.

4 Comments:

At 12:34 AM, Blogger Chrixean said...

hi! Thanks for visiting my blog earlier for your well-wishes :-) hope your arm / hand / leg is/are feeling better now. And if it makes you feel better, I don't know who Shawn Desmond is -- and will not try to find out either. :-P
Hope you come by for a visit again next time!

 
At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Cous
It sounds like you need another vaction :)
Maybe this time we'll have to bring a mosquito net!

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

You DEFINITELY should get that checked out. That doesn't sound good!

At least the kids are calling you "woman". They call me "ma'am". That means I'm f'ing OLD.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Marti said...

Hope you recover quickly!

Happy Groundhog Day!
I found a hilarious groundhog picture!

(Sorry for the blatant plug - I'm having a really hard time getting readers back after the original blog died)

I hope something wonderful ‘pops up’ for you today! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home