Sunday, January 08, 2006

Croaking from my rented lilypad

Woohoo! I'm renting a lilypad in the pond in Faerie Lake in the Enchanted Forest!

One of my favourite Blogmarks is Pond Perspective by Ribbiticus. To my delight, she has accepted me as her new tenant, so for one fun-filled week my thumbnail will display to Faerie Lake's visitors. Quite the honour! Before I even knew she had accepted my bid, I already had a bunch of posts from her readers. So, if you're here from the pond, thanks for stopping by. My readers can visit the lilypad at enchantedlilypad.blogspot.com.

Also, thanks to an anonymous someone from the That Poor Kid post, here's another good laugh.
http://www.guzer.com/videos/numa_numa.php . There must be something about this song that makes people want to act like weirdos, because here's another one. http://www.guzer.com/videos/numa_dancer_busted.php
But I have to warn you, like that stupid Black Eyed Peas song, "my Hump" or "my lump" or "my rump" or whatever (recently voted worst song of 2005, by the way), this song will become lodged in your brain.

Last night was my work gala, the politically correct version of a Christmas Party. I got to wear The Dress, so I was happy. Only, I needed shoes. I love that phrase. "I need shoes." The word "need" eliminates all guilt.

Granted, I probably didn't need TWO pairs of shoes, but thanks to the Canadian Government depositing my GST rebate, I was able to eliminate all guilt conjured by the purchase of the second pair.

Instantly my spirits were lifted. What is it about a strappy pair of Mary Janes that can just make life seem worth living?? They were quite the find, actually, and after showing them off all night (they actually got as much show as The Dress!) I enshrined them on the top shelf of my closet, beside the Jackie O's and the open-toed pink heels. The top shelf of my closet is starting to look like my shoe hall of fame!

I took this quiz thing off someone else's blog... here are my results:


kiss my ass2
congratulations. you are the kiss my ass happy
bunny. You don't care about anyone or anything.
You must be so proud


which happy bunny are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

I'm posting a countdown to Nicaragua! 9 days today... I can't wait!

3 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Blogger Uisce said...

Hi, I just hopped in from Ribbiticus' place and you've got a nice site here. I'm still hopping around! Ribbit! LOL!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

Girl - you know I totally LOVE shoes. I think that's what I need to do at lunch.. buy shoes!

 
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Marti said...

Hi! I was Ribs' last tenant - hope I left the fridge clean for you - LOL

Nice blog. Working on a novel myself, best wishes to you!

Huge fan of Arrested Development as well - sure hope it can be saved.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home