Thursday, January 05, 2006

That poor kid.

The other day a co-worker was telling me about this video of a kid from Quebec floating around on the internet. He was playing around with a video camera and a broomstick and is a huge Star Wars fan and... well, you can probably figure out the rest.

I tried to ignore the desire to check it out ("Just Google 'Star Wars Kid'" he told me, which made it far too easy). Everyone else at work had seen it also, so I thought maybe it was one of those emails floating around the office.

I went to Google a few times and typed it in, but before I pressed "search", I would remember that if people worldwide had not done the same thing, this poor kid wouldn't have his video passed around the www.

Finally last night I mentioned it to Himself, expecting it to peak his curiosity and thereby nullify my feelings of guilt about wanting to see it. To my surprise, he said, "Yeah, I've seen that. It's hilarious."

Am I the only one in the WORLD who has not seen this?

"Yeah, I'll show you. I know exactly where it is," he tells me, leaving the couch and Arrested Development on DVD.

So much for the moral high ground. But really, who the #!$% do I think I am, Buddah? And so, I curled up cross-legged on the ugly-but-comfy rolly automan and watched the video online.

And almost fell off.

It wasn't so much the kid that was funny. I mean, it was, but who hasn't done something like that when no one else was around? It was the fact that all of these computer weirdos added in the noises and lights, as though his broomstick was a lightsabre!

I fell into hysterics. It got so bad that I couldn't even laugh anymore. I just sat there with my mouth wide open, no noise or breath coming out, and tears streaming down my cheeks. When I could actually extract speech, it was to mutter, "Oh my God, that poor kid," over and over.

If you have been apparently living in a barn under a cow like me and have not seen this, well, I'm not going to tell you where it is. If one person would not have done that, this poor kid's little rendition of what I'm guessing (from the way he uses both ends of the lightsabre) is Darth Maul would not be all over the internet, his parents wouldn't be suing and there might be a chance of him getting a date within the next 30 years.

Having said that, had you paid attention as you read, it should be pretty self-evident the way in which to go about viewing the aforementioned video.

3 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

Aw poor kid. I did stuff like that - luckily there was no such thing as a webcam much less a videocam. I gotta admit tho.. my curiousity IS piqued...

 
At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you liked that one check this out http://www.guzer.com/videos/numa_numa.php

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

I've seen that video; it's fantastic.
Here via Ribbiticus via Michele.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home