Friday, December 16, 2005

Fa la la la la la la la la

This morning I dropped my Mom off at the airport. Lucky bum, she's going to Mexico until the 23rd!

And as I was driving back from the airport, sick with jealousy that she will be on a beach soon while here in Calgary snow is lightly falling, I almost threw up.

Not from the jealousy sickness, but from the Christmas Carols on the radio.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love Christmas, but I've hit this point in my life where I can look at something, like Pork Chops, and say, "I'm not going to try to like pork chops anymore, I'm strong enough in myself to declare I hate them!"

And so, I am strong enough and sure enough in myself to declare that I don't like all Christmas Carols. In fact, there are some I downright loathe.

Like The Little Drummer Boy. I HATE that song! Oh, it feels so good to say it. Such a release! You try! Is there one song you despise? Confess in the comments. You know you've got them - you've been hearing them on the radio since October 31st.

My favourite though, is O Holy Night. So, if you're not at the point where you can admit to the songs that make you shudder, post your favs instead.

*Warning* For the good of all, any mention of the NKOTB Christmas album will be removed by administration.

6 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you hate The Little Drummer Boy! Okay, it's not the best, but I can think of far more annoying songs. Like that Good King Wencesless (sp?). My favourite though is Joy to the World.

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Favourite: Silent Night

All time worst: Deck the Halls

 
At 3:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always secretly hated "Rockin' around the Christmas Tree". It's just SO cheesy. My favourite is "Holly Jolly Christmas." (I would have said NKOTB but they've been outlawed! HA ha jk)

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good King Wencesles! I hate that song! Also, Up on the Housetop. DUMB!

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

All time favorite: The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire)

One I totally despise? Hm. I can't think of one that makes me want to really hurl. LOL

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate them all. I worked in retail for five years...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home