Monday, January 02, 2006

Wink to 2005

Before I begin, I would like to point out that I have added two new links, as well as a guest map. So go stick your pin in my guest map. There is now a link to MJ's blog. Don't just sit there - click on it! I also added a link to the site I contract for - Host-party.com. I write kid's mystery games for them, so go check me out there!

Well, it's officially 2006. How can one not get nostalgic, thinking of New Years parties of the past and what one has accomplished in the previous year?

Last year I made progress. I only held three jobs. Made 6 new friends, lost touch with 3 old. Watched one of my longest and dearest friends walk down the aisle, got teary when she delivered her speech.

I did something I swore I would never do, and feel good about it.

Drank some really good coffee.

I saw Pilate in concert, wore a yellow princess dress and pink, open-toed shoes. I spent five weeks on the ocean. Placed in a writing contest; saw one of my favourite stories between the covers of a book. Walked away from one opportunity only to trip over another.

Decided to grow out my hair. Realized it's not as curly as it used to be, but now has a natural, sexy wave.

Decided to be more sexy in general.

Wrote erotica. Read erotica. Cheered on a writing friend as she typed a fury of naughty sentences, and then had her work picked up. It's about time.

Discovered a new band I love.

Ended a relationship. Rekindled the same relationship.

Vowed to get back to the gym - tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow.

Started running to combat recurring nightmares, realized the pain is bittersweet.

I felt powerful. I felt pathetic.

Decided to go to Cambodia. Decided to go to Nicaragua.

Came to terms with Linde's fate.

Tasted the raw twang of realizing something I always thought I wanted encompasses everything I despise. Celebrated fleeing, safe in the knowledge that I now know the truth, and also what I don't want to do in this life.

Gave Simone Byline a platform on which to rant.

Stretched.

2005 has been good to me. I will not hold my hopes high for 2006 - who knows what will happen. But with all the good things that have happened in 2005, I'm kind of glad to see it go. So, I flip my long(ish) wavy hair over my shoulder and wink at 2005. Thanks for the apartment.

3 Comments:

At 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking my stuff Leigh! You rock!!! And you made some pretty good resolutions, I think. I have yet to get that far...mine so far consist of: "Wake up. You have to go to work"

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

Thanks, as always, for the pluggage. :) I'm totally thrilled about my little spicy romance getting picked up. WOOHOO!

Here's to a totally rockin' 2006 - and continued friendship. ;)

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Tanya Ryno said...

Worth the visit. Fun site. Happy New Year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home