Friday, January 06, 2006

Arrested Development and other randoms

Those who know me well know I do not watch much TV. My television doesn't even usually enjoy attention until I get home from work at 10:30pm and watch back to back re-runs of Frasier, (cancelled) one episode of The Wrong Coast (cancelled), and then it goes off again. I catch Family Guy (Recently UNcancelled) S&TC (cancelled) re-runs when I'm enjoying some wine, and Corner Gas (freakin' hilarious, for those who don't know it.)

And Arrested Development. This show is very high on my list. It's hilarious, smart and very glib. There were episodes I would watch once at 7 and again at 9 because I was laughing so hard I missed part of the show.

I read in the paper Arrested Development is in trouble again. Considering this show was critically acclaimed, for some reason people don't watch.

Is everyone too busy watching The Apprentice? America's Next Top Model? American Idol? How is it that these shows make it and something as good as Arrested Development struggles?

Himself nailed it, I think. He said, "It's too smart."

Whatever the reason, I'm using my little soapbox here to voice my concern. Write a letter. Email your desire to save the show to askfox@fox.com. Americans - call 800-369-6848 and tell them you give a shit. Mail a banana to Peter Liguori, Marcy Ross, Gary Newman or Dana Walden at:
FOX Broadcasting
10201 West Pico Blvd.
Building 100, Room 4450
Los Angeles CA
90035



Or, even more fun, send someone a postcard by going here http://the-op.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=6.

Postcards like this:


If you've ever laughed at my expense (as most people do...), just send one piddly little email. If you haven't, my archives are on the side. Surely I've made an ass of myself in some way that could amuse you, and then you could send an email to absolve your guilt for laughing at me.

Alright, I'll lighten up. Himself met Walter Gretzky yesterday! Apparently he came into the store and hung out for an hour just chatting with the staff, telling stories and things. He's an incredible guy - salt of the earth, encompassing everything it means to be Canadian.

And today, I am going to mail off my first novel query. Yes, I've decided to take Mending Resolute to the publishers. Don't worry, if you have a current subscription it will continue. Publishers can take 6 months to reply, and in the mean time, I owe it to you all to keep going. Thanks so much to those who have subscribed and kept subscribing. I would not be writing Linde's story right now if it wasn't for you.

I thought I said I was going to lighten up! Damn, sorry. Anyhow, everyone have a fantastic weekend!

4 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger ribbiticus said...

hi! just wanted to welcome you to my world! great reads here. thanks for bidding on my space.
your landlady,
ribbiticus (",)

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger carmilevy said...

Congrats on taking this important step in the life of a writer (I'm a journalist in London, so I relate well to your current experience.)

Looking forward to seeing where this goes for you. Keep your pen moving.

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm here from Pond Perspective today. As far as I know they didn't show Arrested Development over here at all. I did hire it on DVD though but couldn't connect with it the way I do with some American sitcoms. I do, however, understand what people like about it and for that reason hope you manage to succeed in stopping it from being cancelled!

 
At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE The Wrong Coast..nobody watche(d) it!!! Teletoon is my church.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home