Sunday, January 15, 2006

Mik's quote, pics, pics and more pics

This post will contain almost no words. Except those necessary. It's the weekend, after all, and what little brain power I do have is going into editing Mending Resolute.

Welcome visitors from Awful Souls. Please leave me a comment and let me know you were here. The more comments, the bigger Christa's thank you gift will be! hehe.

First off, I'd like to share the best PG-13 curse I've ever seen. It's from an Archie comic book I was reading at work (because I work so damn hard). I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to future readers of this Archie comic. Since I ripped this page out to bring it to blogland, they will begin reading a story and not know what the %$&* is going on.


MJ bought a colouring book and brought it to work. I was flipping through, laughing at the drug references ie: the kids eat the mushrooms and then fly to faerieland for a wild party (They want to ban Brokeback Mountain but not this colouring book. Go figure...) when I found this. I had to paste the poem underneath separate or it would have been too small. It reads:

"From Ireland come the leprechaun and the shee. They are as funny as funny can be."

Now tell me if this guy looks like any sort of fun to you.



And finally, the Halifax pics of the day. (I told you there would be no words today!)


On the left we have Tara. I'm sitting in the back, John is on the automan and Sunny is on the right. We went out that night and shook are bums. Maybe those pics will appear. Maybe they won't. Ha! Okay, one more. Did I mention John is AMAZING with the camera? Here's what he did shortly after this pic was taken.


2 days until Nicaragua! (Not including today, of course...) Himself and I got our needles today, and they were so well done, we hardly felt a thing! (Thanks to my Aunt Nancy, who is so skilled with a syringe)

And stolen from the drawers in Voodoo's Room, I am reposting this great quote from Mik. For those who don't know her, she's my superpowered writing partner in Texas, and if it weren't for her, I can guarantee you I would not be writing today. She helped me when I was just "inspiredgirl", too nervous to even post my real name with my writing. Here's what she wrote:

There’s something to be said for being with a powerful man… He can take care of sh** for you. Some nasty dude hits on you? He’ll just use the Force to get rid of him… I dig that.

Ha! You're hilarious, girl. If anyone would like to know what the hell she was talking about, you'll have to go to Voodoo's Room (but don't forget to knock first).

5 Comments:

At 1:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gasp! You ripped a page out of my colouring book! The nerve :P

And I must say, thats a pretty awesome picture, Leigh!

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Greetings from a bud of Christa's! Nice blog! Just thought I'd drop through and say hi! If you want to return the visit, the link here will take you to my old Blogger blog and then click the headline of my last post on blogger to redirect to my MSN blog I am currently using!

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Carolyn said...

Here from Awful Souls! What an interesting blog you have. I suspect I'll be back for more :)

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

Girl, you crack me up! And WOW what a terrific picture. And thanks so much for the kind words. I'm just glad we can commisserate together on this thing we call Writing. ;)

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Christa said...

ooooo....I'm getting a gift? *big grin* Can I choose color too? LOL

My credits at BE have been down to zero lately and I'm trying to catch up to get some more traffic coming in for the both of us. There's a bunch of visitors that are not connected to BE too, so it doesn't mean that AwfulSouls is without visitors, but it makes for more fun clicks with more traffic, ya know :)

*waves at Tom and Carolyn*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home