Thursday, January 12, 2006

Pictures from Smelly fax and New Music Needed!

Last night a good friend of mine, John, sent me some pictures from our 5-week work excursion in Halifax. And so, since they are hilarious, I've decided to dedicate the next 7 days to the Halifax Picture of the Day. I must warn you, most of them are us goofing around on Sunny's balcony while smoking, so anyone easily offended with smoking, violence or balconies, viewer discretion is advised.

This is me after the gym. Yup. Smoking. After the gym.

In the back is me, doing my best "fierce" look, which always ends up appearing like my pigtail elastics are too tight. Denise comes next. Sunny is in the brown hat and last but not least is John, who is not only hot, but also an incredible singer. Maybe if I beg he'll let me post something of his here.

But today you're in for an extra treat! Poetry!! No wait, don't go! It's not mine! I swear! It was written by a friend of mine named Fern who also gets creative when mind-numbingly bored at work.

WAKING UP OLD


you wake up one morning
to find things have changed
nothing is in it's proper place
things are rearranged

Your face is wrinkled and sagging
Your bum is doing the same
Your boobs are reaching the stomach
Now who can we blame

You look in the mirror and sigh
where did the time go
Just last week it seems
that you had the childhood glow

you have no choice but to accept
the truth as it lays in front of you
you have the choice to make life happy
or to make life blue

Happy seems the way to go
it makes it easier on everyone
it makes it easier on yourself
because nothing can be done

I'm in desperate need for new music that isn't mainstream Britany Spears media-pushed garbage. Sooooooooo, if you know of a band who is maybe lesser known I can check out, please post them in comments. I believe many bands don't get enough play, so we all have to keep each other in the loop. Here are a few of mine:

Armchair Cynics

Pilate

Maria Mena

Kathleen Edwards (Check out the video for Hockey Skates)

and of course, my Mending Resolute soundtrack and lord of my Linde-kicking-ass inspiration, Matt Good

In other news, I picked up some instant coffee last night. Hence the higher quality post. I swear, as blog as my witness, I will never run out of coffee again. Y'all are safe from another nonsensical post. Well... maybe not.

6 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger Marti said...

Great pics! (Love the smoking outside of the gym - LOL!)

They're pretty mainstream, but I love Evanescence and Fallout Boy.
I'm downloading "Sugar We're Goin' Down" right now.

 
At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved your blog today and give Fern my reader's award for truth and creativity. We ALL should express ourselves more.
Good luck with your shopping and the week is ALMOST over!!!

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

You are so adorable! ;) And Fern's poem is fantastic.

 
At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a matter of fact, I take deep personal offence to balconies and all they are associated with. Thanks. Thanks a lot.

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger ~Daydreamer~ said...

I love your pics Leigh. You're so cute :D

 
At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love smoking. I want to smoke so bad. I'm jealous of you smoking. Sigh. Smoke for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home