Monday, February 06, 2006

Spa Weekend

Well, I'm back. The majority of my bumps have vanished - all but the 17 on my left hand.

This weekend Mom took my sister and I to Canmore for a spa weekend. We were originally supposed to do this in November for her birthday, but I was called out of town for work and she was patient enough to postpone it until February.

The spa was fabulous. I chose an Aroma Steam, a Spirolina Wrap, a 30 minute massage (which my ever so kind treatment girl, Melissa, turned into a hot stone massage, bless her heart!) and a pedicure. The hot stones ruined me though, and I fear I'll never be able to return to a regular, boring massage. Mmmmmm hot stone massage.

I had a great time hanging out with my mom, but my sister and I haven't been getting along for quite a while now. It's normal, I'm sure. We're just two very different people now. The great, looming mountains always inspire me too, and I'm determined this time to write that short story I swear I'll write each time I return from the mountains.

I made a few decisions this week. After being laid out with severe muscle pain and hives, fearing Typhoid Fever but knowing I was being silly, I had a lot of time to think, and I think the decisions I've made will be good in the long run.

It's time to start making some changes, and my first step (one I've been planning since November) is to pay off all my debts and be really frugal. And so, after much preparation, I will begin my two months of hermit-ism in order to battle the bulging interest rates. No more goofing around. After all, I'm not 25 anymore (can you relate, Marwa? hehe). My 60 days (or 4 paydays, maybe 6 depending on how badly I frack up) begins this Friday, so stay tuned while I lose my mind.

Speaking of Fracked Up, Battlestar Galactica is back on the air and I feel as though I'm whole again. I've got my S&TC, Corner Gas, Arrested Development and Battlestar. Now, I'm not normally a sci-fi geek. Himself used to make me record it for him when he was at work, and on my old bunny-ears TV I had to leave the set on, volume up, to get it to record. So, after MANY times trying to ignore it, I got hooked. It's so intense that my heart actually starts beating quickly at least once in each show.

Okay, enough about TV. I'm nearing completion (finally) on my Wizarding kid's mystery game. Hopefully only 2 more days until it's done. Thanks for popping by! Leave a comment to let me know you were here and I'll return the visit.

3 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping and visiting my site. I appreciate it a lot. I have a couple of others that are better but then they might not be. LOL.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

That spa weekend sounds fabulous! I need a Sugar Daddy to send me to a spa for the weekend. ;)

Don't worry about you and your sis. I'm sure you'll work it out. Just remember - blood is thicker than water and whatever the conflict is now, it won't matter so much in a few years. I've had ups and downs with my siblings and in the end, we're still family and we're still friends. Hang in there. ;)

And PS - I bought the comforter. Heaven!

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger ~Daydreamer~ said...

I relate. I relate...Tadatata..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home