Saturday, February 18, 2006

Fresh air sweeping in through the balcony door.

Well, the weather broke after just one day of coldness, and my weather pixie has finally stopped giving me the middle finger. So far it's our first day colder than -30, and I'm so happy it's gone I want to dance around like a homosexual bee leaping from flower to flower.

Before I was even finished my second coffee I had put away the dishes, swept the living room and washed the kitchen floor. Now my apartment smells Pine Sol fresh and I'm not even dressed yet! Next on the docket: the bathtub. I don't know if I have the strength, or strength of cleanser for that matter, but I will give it a try. If nothing else, the floor will get washed. Eventually. Maybe. It is quite possible my little splurt of cleaning energy has expended and the furniture will remain in the middle of the room, even though I'm having company over tomorrow.

Yup, that's right! I'm having company! But not like some smarmy dinner party filled with smug marrieds or smug not-even-married-yets, I assure you. We are FINALLY testing my newest kid's mystery game, "The White Wizard's Convention"! I'm quite excited. I began writing this mystery back in September, but being sent to Halifax and all sorts of other weird inhibitors prevented me from finishing. And so, I have one more file to upload and it's ready to go! Once it's tested, all I need are the pictures from Zac and it's DONE! To check out the preview, CLICK HERE. (it's about 4th down on the list)

Speaking of pictures, Raine created new pictures for The Mystery of Mrs. Mexiflower's Missing Marks Book, and they are all uploaded and ready to go! If you'd like to check them out, CLICK HERE. I sincerely hope Raine does not make it to the White Wizards testing on Sunday. Yeah, that's right, I DON'T want to see her there! I hope she's doing something MUCH more exciting. Good luck, Puddle of Raine.

In part 3 of the 5 part series, "What's cool on Jeremy's blog", we are looking at his online store. I think the funniest part of this page is the Teddy Bear wearing the shirt that reads "I hate babies." hehe. So go click on his ad on the right and leave him a comment, so he knows you're coming from The Pen.

I've also posted some new links to the right. The first one is to Miss Fern's brand spanking new blog. You might have read her comments, she writes under the name Crazy Catlady. Okay, so I added the Crazy part, but that's only because I know her so well. She is, indeed, crazy, but oh so much fun, and I'm sure her blog will be too.

The other link I added is to a blog called Henry the Adequate. I stumbled upon this blog through BE about 2 days ago, and in between other work projects I've been reading this crazy story. It's an absolute riot.

If you notice, my debt metre has moved! No, you didn't notice? Yeah, well, it's not by much, but it's something. In fact, had I not changed the colour of the debt metre there would be no proof it has changed at all! But that's not the point. According to the percentage stats (which I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to get to show under the little metre) I'm 19% of the way to debt free! Woohoo! Granted, as soon as this cheque clears that number will jump significantly, but I can't believe how much of a ridiculous thrill I'm getting off paying everything down.

Oh yeah. I have nothing better to do, thanks to my 60 day no fun marathon. That might explain the thrill...

8 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger Brigitte said...

Hi Iwrite! Thanks for visiting my blog..I like urs too! I'm moving my blog to;
http://kraftykatty.blogsome.com
Check it out & tell me what u think of it :)

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger SuzySnoo said...

How cold??!! It was really warm and sunny here in England today!
Congrats on the 19%. Well done.

Nice blog you got here. I will be back!

Snoo

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Leigh Clements, The Mystery Maiden, Shot In The Dark Mysteries.com said...

Thanks for dropping by, snoo! I hope to see you back soon, since I'm intrigued by your pic. You wouldn't happen to be... a toqued photographer, would you?!!

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Leigh Clements, The Mystery Maiden, Shot In The Dark Mysteries.com said...

Ak! Don't remind me, Fern! *shudder* I was quite enjoying pretending I was unemployed, doing nothing but writing mystery parties, editing my novels and blogging for a living! :)

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger SuzySnoo said...

Sorry.
I don't know what toqued means! I hope it's good!!
:p

Snoo

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Leigh Clements, The Mystery Maiden, Shot In The Dark Mysteries.com said...

Hey, Snoo! It's what we in Canada call the hat you're wearing in your picture - a toque! hehe It's definitely not a bad thing :)

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger SuzySnoo said...

Well you can definitely call me the toqued photographer then!!

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

Dang ... and I was complaining about it being 27...

Your murder mystery is awesome!! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home