Saturday, February 25, 2006

e

No, not the drug. I've gone out and replaced my precious D with a new iPod, although D's carcass is still lying on the kitchen table, and makes me break out in whiny sobs each time I pass. Good thing I'm alone most of the time so no one knows! Well.... except you now... between us, right?

It was very difficult trying to find a Shuffle. Everywhere I went they were out of stock because Apple is phazing them out, and I was bombarded with the 'fantastic features' of the new Nano iPod. I don't know how many times, (the last few pleading for robotic salesman to listen to me) I explained I didn't want to spend $300-$400 on an iPod, I just wanted to replace my Shuffle. "Yeah, but it's being phazed out. You can't even get accessories."

"I know that. I have accessories. Please, just sell me that iPod."

"But the Nano..."

*gripping him by the collar on both sides* "Listen, mister. I've been through a lot. I just found my iPod in pieces. I'm distraught. I'm stressed. I'm about five seconds away from Kung-Fu kicking over that rack of DVDs. All I want is another Shuffle. Please. Go unlock that cabinet. Before I poke you in the eye."

"I don't know, ma'am. I think I should get my manager."

"Ah forget it!" and I left.

Fortunately, I found this really great guy at Future Shop (I think he was about 12 years old) who actually hooked me up with an open box model for a really good discount and gave me a 2 year warranty and everything! And here's the best part - he didn't harass me! Shucks, I love that kid.

And so, keeping with the natural progression of things, I've decided to name my new Shuffle "e". I will buy it pretty skins and tell it every night how much I love it. I left D on the table as a warning to little e about what might happen if she tries to run away. Tough love, I know, but sometimes you have to be stern when teaching electronics the dangers of life.

Well, if you've read this far, you're probably here under your own volition, not just killing thirty seconds on BE. So it might interest you to know The Pen is moving! When I officially launch the other blog, I'll let you know. For now I'm spending hours moving each post over to the new place, and including each comment. Thank goodness I only started this blog in September - this is almost as bad as moving apartments!

Last night, after much organizational ado, a bunch of us went for some drinks at The Cat and Fiddle. I had a good time, and thanks to people picking me up and driving me home so I didn't have to pay for a taxi, I only spent $25. Tonight, it's off to the Monster Truck Extravaganza.

Monster Truck Extravaganza. Yes, you read that right. I'm going to watch Monster Trucks. Hm. The crew we've got going is totally fun tho, so even though I'll probably catch syphilis by touching the doorhandles at this thing, at least I'll have a good laugh before I die.

A while ago I posted a plea for people to give me some ideas for new music. The response was underwhelming! After much searching, I finally found some new music. Olive, Imogen Heap and (gasp) an Armchair Cynics CD I didn't know existed.

Also, Pilate emailed me the other day (yes, me personally! Oh who am I kidding...) and told me their new album is coming out in April. God, that's so far away. But they two of their new songs up on Myspace for our listening pleasure. Sounds like it's gonna be awesome - reminds me a lot of U2.

And finally (whew, I'm getting exhausted here! How are you doing? Still hanging in there?) I added a few links to the sidebar to your right. Raine's blog, which is a lot of fun. HB's blog will make you think about life and ensure you have a tasty dinner (Post more recipes, HB! hehe). Also, Morgana's blog - check it out! She just started blogging less than 24 hours ago. I'm looking forward to a Reiki session with her once my 60 day no-fun marathon is over.

All right, that's it. Back to moving the blog and editing my murder mystery game!

13 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are lucky.. We can't buy either model here.. There was one Shuffle in the store before Christmas but now there is nothing.. We have cheap crap here.. The stores don't even want to order stuff in and because I'm not trying to be a weenie so much, I want to try before I buy because it wastes my time to bring it home and not like it.. and then suffer because I hate to bring things back..

happy weekend

-hugs-

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you thought about getting a harness for "e"? You know at least until she is a little older and more street wise? For excellent music you should talk to timdog, he's been busy burning all 1847 of his CDs onto his iPod...there might be one or 2 songs he could suggest.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Marti said...

Congrats on getting a Shuffle!

AND you are moving away from Blogger?!? Good for you! (Wish I had the nerve, or the time, or the money, or....LOL)

I'll be looking forward to seeing your new digs! Best wishes!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Marti said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new shuffle. HB says I should suggest some music for the iPod. Now my tastes are mostly for 80's synthpop and most electronica with the occasional trip into celtic, maritime and world music. I have to confess that my music collection does include ABBA, Madonna, Milla Vallini, Roger Whittaker and Gwen Stefani (Still trying to figure out what the hell a Hollaback Girl is?)

One group I found recently is called The Postal Service. There music style is a modern synthpop. My favourite song is "Such Great Heights".

www.subpop.com/bands/postalservice.

Not sure if they are your cup of tea.

timdog

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bloghopping from Norway.
Have a nice week ahead!

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

I've been out of touch for a while, so I was sorry to hear of the loss of D. lol Glad to hear, however, you found a replacement. :) COOL on the new blog! I can't wait to see it. The Cat and the Fiddle sounds like a cool place - you ever make it to my world, I'm taking you to The Flying Saucer. ;)

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger ~Daydreamer~ said...

Hey Leigh, did you get my last email? :) Haven't heard from you yet.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Candice said...

Thank you for adding my blog to your list, hun! Muchly appreciated. I really feel like it's going to take the next 5 years of my life to figger out how this blog thing works. I feel like it's my first time using a dern computer, and it's not even close to that. I think I know how my boyfriend feels now, so maybe I shouldn't get so frustrated with he can't figure out how to get into a bookmarked webpage! (mental note to self...)

So, ya didn't make it out to the psychic show today, pout. hehe... Had too much fun at the Moster Truck rally, didn't ya...yup, that's it, I know it. I tell ya. You are a braver woman that I!

Congrats on replacing "D". If I didn't already have some sort of generic mp3 player that I'm getting as a free promo offer from Rogers home phone, I'd ask you which futureshop, which sweet little boy you bought it from and how much you paid. I sooo want an ipod. Can't justify it right now though.

Anyhoo. Gotta go collapse on the couch and so I can wish I had cable tv, before I pass out from exhaustion.

See you at work tomorrow (ugh!)

Morgana

ps...lookin' fwd to the reiki / reading session when you're finished your no fun thingy!

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger ribbiticus said...

hey, they shouldn't knock the shuffle! i still borrow my sister's from time to time whenever i find my video ipod too bulky. i wish i had gotten mine for myself too...

please don't forget to let us know where you'll be moving, k? :)

 
At 4:46 AM, Blogger SuzySnoo said...

Welcome to the world, little e.

 
At 1:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"kung-fu kicking over...." that has to be the most beautiful piece of prose I have ever read....

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Leigh Clements, The Mystery Maiden, Shot In The Dark Mysteries.com said...

Hey MJ! Shutup! hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home