Monday, October 31, 2005

NaNoWriMo begins!

Well, it's 1:22 am Halifax time and I have just completed my first sitting for the National Novel Writing Month challenge. I came down to the lobby and asked to use the computer at midnight, and it was off to the races. Current word count: 1750 of 50,000. I outlined, thank Petrie, or I would have spent all night sitting here staring at a blank screen. Thinking about just hooking a solid caffeine drip to my vein and rolling around a little bag full of espresso with me everywhere I go.

Halifax is BEAUTIFUL! I took the ferry across from Dartmouth to Halifax on Saturday (my only day off so far) and spent 4 hours wandering around the docks. Found this incredible place called Rum Runners - the story is fascinating! I love waking up each morning, opening the blinds in my hotel room and seeing the ocean. However, there is an island, which I'm apparently not allowed to go to, called George's Island. All the old cannons from the war are still there, and since, I'm not allowed to go, I just HAVE TO. So, I spent a bit of that 4 hours wandering around the harbourfront, talking to seataxi guys and local fishermen, trying to negotiate a ride over. Since the season is winding down apparently most people have packed it in for the year, but one guy told me to come earlier next weekend (I didn't get up until 1 pm on Saturday....) and he would give me a ride over. Woohoo!

That's it for me tonight - I'm totally knackered and must be down to meet the Frenchmen at 8:17 am sharp! No, really. 8:17 am.

2 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

8:17, eh? Let us know how it goes! :)

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like Halifax is amazing! Take lots of pictures so you can share with us!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home