Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Juler comme un canard... or something

I'm loving this mobile blog thing! I'm currently in a car, in Dartmouth, being driven, by a Frenchman to Lower Sackville where we're working. It has been quite an adventure since we flew into Halifax from Montreal on Saturday, including such debacles as sleeping on a hide-a-bed in a conference room (Sunday), getting caught in post-hurricane Wilma, phase one (Sunday) and arriving at work yesteday to find no one else there (they scheduled us for 8 am, but no one else comes in until 11). Today's adventure (so far) has been in the guise of breakfast with co-workers from Montreal. Anyone familiar with the home of the Habs knows Montreal drivers are insane, and these guys are no exception.
Green means pound on the gas pedal and cut someone off. Red means stomp on the brake and curse en Francais. Today's driver (yes, I've had many more than one...) is not used to stopping for pedestrians, and has almost run down two, one in full military uniform. Great folks though, and I'm brushing up on my French. It's rainy and cold today and I am juler comme un canard, but everywhere I look, I see ocean. This weekend, if post-Wilma doesn't carry me out to sea, I may go explore the harbour. That is, IF I make it to work. Right now, as it stands, je ne sais pas.

2 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My visit to your site, iwrite, was the results of the blue green algae search for information regarding the subject Juler comme un canard... or something. Even though some of the articles on the site may not support the blue green algae project, I must say, it’s an informational and very interesting site and its content will benefit many. Thank you for reading my comment.

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I’ve been researching the subject and found your site to be resourceful. Although it may not be supporting my Juler comme un canard... or something project, it certainly does provide a fine service and got my attention while I was searching for related information. With a fine site like this one and belonging to iwrite, I’m sure you’ll achieve your goals. Thanks for reading this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home