Sunday, September 25, 2005

Take a hike!

Went down to Word on the Street today. There weren't as many exhibitors as last year it seemed, but it was still great, and I had fun meeting all sorts of other writers, my favourites being the ladies with the Crime Writers of Canada. What a riot! They have this cookbook called Dishes to Die For... Again (volume II) which I'm thinking will be great for stocking stuffers this year. Sorry to all those who will find it under the tree this year - I'm officially ruining the surprise! hehe. I especially enjoyed meeting Sharon Wildwind, the author of Some Welcome Home. I'm thinking about joining the Crime Writers of Canada, and they said Mending Resolute would fit in well - or, I guess I would, for writing it.

The highlight was, of course, seeing the prototype for Tall Tales and Short Stories Volume III. I'm on the back! Hurrah! For those who don't know the story, here goes:

Last year, my short story, Life As She Knew It, won honourable mention in the second annual Tall Tales and Short Stories contest, published in Tall Tales and Short Stories Volume II. Life as She Knew It is about a girl named Havva, who finds out from a gorgeous stranger she is nothing more than a character in a book - a character doomed to death. Thanks, of course, to everyone who attended the book signing at McNalley Robinson, not only supporting me, but also Tall Tales Press.

This year, my new story, Love Potion, won fourth place. Love Potion tells the tale of a broken hearted girl, whose life will forever be changed just by swallowing a simple love potion. Check out the bookstore at Tall Tales Press to read a teeny little blurb and check out what other cool stories are set within the pages of the new anthology. It's not available yet, but the anticipation of the lauch is mounting...

I went for a short hike today with my Uncle Rick, Aunt Nancy, my cousin Tara and Himself. Adding that to the arm-yoga workout I did the other day, and then the swing escapade yesterday, I'm in rough shape. Just a not-so-gentle reminder that I'm just not 18 anymore. *sigh*

Back to work tomorrow - harsh reality. I count down the days until my holidays, and am looking forward to the Nanowrimo challenge this year. October 1st the store opens - I'm in desperate need of a new t-shirt.

4 Comments:

At 6:45 AM, Blogger Colin said...

Congrats on the book cover! I'll have to get myself a copy of Vol3 because Vol2 was great!

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for abit of the story of LOVE POTION. When is the book signing scheduled for Tall Tales and Short Stories Vol III? I would like to have some warning and be able to put it on my calendar.
Congrats on fourth place... good job with all the competition in writing out there. Way to go!

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Leigh Clements, The Mystery Maiden, Shot In The Dark Mysteries.com said...

Hey, Ajay!

I'm not sure when the signing will be yet, but as soon as I will know, you will know! I feel a new pair of shoes coming on! hehe.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

I *loved* that story. Congrats again on your publication. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home