Sunday, September 04, 2005

It's about time!

I'm not just saying that because it also happens to be my catch phrase for Mending Resolute, it really is about time I got my blog up and running.

It's the long weekend, thank God - I needed the extra day off. Today I'm fighting stomach turbulence as the vat of wine I consumed last night churns, refusing to be absorbed by bread, coffee or tuna, which happens to be the only food in my cupboards. Ah, moving. So bloody expensive. Good thing Linde moved out of this sweet apartment - it's double the size of my old one and cheaper.

The wine, however, was brilliant and did exactly what it does best - eliminates all my inhibitions. I went back this morning and read some of what spewed from my tingling fingers last night. If I could remain perpetually drunk, I might just make a career out of this crazy obsession.

2 Comments:

At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wine always does the trick :) But I know that you will make a career out of your 'crazy obsession'. All dreams start out as 'crazy' and then, little by little, they become reality. (sounds cliche, I know) But, you do need to start eating better and packing lunches :)

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moving is incredibly stressful, but at the same time refreshing...a new place, new challenge, change can be good...and I've always thought moving is great inspiration for stories....like, say a protagonist who moves into an old house and discovers something eerie and mysterious in their new basement...like, say, photos of Frank Sinatra and all his mafia buddies

 

Post a Comment

<< Home