Sunday, September 18, 2005

Dishes on the floor and Ipod musings...

We had a smorg-style dinner party last night to say thanks to the people who helped us move. Despite an anxiety-induced rash and moments of shortness of breath early Saturday, it seemed to go off well - thanks to Himself, of course. I worked all day and when I got home everything was ready to go. No word of any food poisoning yet, but it's still early. Despite the non-environmentally friendly practice of disposable plates and cutlery, I still have a ton of dishes to wash. Without an abundance of counterspace, the floor is looking awfully appealing.

All that food and, this morning, the left-overs, have filled me with a ton of weird, yet interesting ideas for my fall writing. It's widely known that writers stumble most during the summer... after all, when everyone is playing outside in the sunshine, we are stuck inside staring at our monitors trying to determine the least-used, yet still unpretentious word for "slow". (By the way, any suggestions?!?!) Since my drunken finger-babbling a few weeks ago, I haven't had a chance to do much on Mending Resolute, but tonight I will avoid the tempting "e" icon on the desktop and actually sit down and do some work, ultimately preparing for the Alberta winter hibernation.

Also, thanks to someone very nice and considerate, this week I procurred my newest, most interesting little toy to date - an Ipod shuffle. Now I'm uploading music and have realized how lame my library really is. I need new stuff. So, post below the music you think is great - any suggestion (except polka music) will be investigated.

Mending Resolute will be back on September 25th as KIC gets back underway. Hopefully Linde's subscribers are drumming their fingers on their computer tables and desks, wondering what is going to happen next regardless of where in the story they are. Thanks, subscribers! Linde would not be alive if it weren't for you! Have a great week, everyone! Pop by next week for to nominate your pick for... well, you'll find out next week!



I am currently reading:
Already read it? Want to chat about it? Comment below!

1 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

RE: "SLOW" how about: plodding, sluggish, unhurried, measured, deliberate, dawdling, listless, slothful, lethargic. That's all I can think of. hehe

RE: Music: I like Breaking Benjamin, Papa Roach, 3 Doors Down, Audioslave... there's tons others but I can't think of them. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home